Adrian's MV Agusta Brutale 990R - Index Page
If you want to contact me about anything on this site please email me - email@example.com
Last updated 1 April 2019
My lovely MV Agusta Brutale 990R - I took delivery 24 February 2015.
Why an MV Agusta? Because of the name, the looks, the style, the engineering, the pedigree and now (surprisingly) affordability:-
- Originally owned by Count Agusta (The aristocratic equivalent of Enzo Ferrari).
- Winner of 270 Grand Pix races
- Winner of 37 World Grand Prix titles
- Winner of 17 consecutive 500cc GP World Championships
- Winner of 34 TT Races
- Ridden to championships by the true greats Cecil Sandford, Les Graham, Carlo Ubbiali, Tarquinio Provini, John Surtees, Mike Hailwood, Gary Hocking,
Giacomo Agostini and Phil Read
- MV Agusta was revived by Claudio Castiglioni
- MV Agusta's are designed by Massimo Tamburini (who cut his teeth on the Ducati 916)
- Some fabulous design details ensuring that every MV Agusta is achingly gorgeous. Only RC30s, 916s, Manx Norton's and Brough Superior's come
- Radial 4 valve engine designed by Ferrari
- The 990R is available in traditional MV Agusta Red and Silver with the classic MV Logo
- The whole MV ownership thing. In the first 6 months I met Cecil Sandford and Phil Read, Seen some great historic MV Racing bikes and spoken to their
owners. Chatted at length to Phil Read, I now have a signed copy of his autobiography, I have attended a Ferrari Owners Club event as their guest.
Attended Italia night at the Ace Café. Can't do all that on a Triumph or any other bike.
|My MV during my first ride,
somewhere in the Fens
|My MV with Ventura Tail Pack and Puig Screen
|The first time I have paid for a personal number plate (Number hidden)
|Super smooth, super torquey 4 Valve radial engine designed by Ferrari
|Great detailing everywhere - simple, purposeful
|Surprisingly good instruments. Working out the menus takes time to master
|MV Agusta know how to make you feel special, letter from the President,
leather ouches, USB stick with manual etc. Quality throughout.
|MVOC rideout, Sywell 2015 (Me centre of pic)
I still use Yahoo Sitebuilder (Now sold on to Aabaco) but for the last 11 years there has been a bug in my site . If I make a change to the "Navigation Bar" Yahoo Sitebuilder will randomly delete text from site
pages. I have had to split my site into sub domains and I have more or less eradicated the bug which I now know is caused by the Advanced Navigation Bar Editor. If a text box contains gibberish it is not my
fault, Yahoo Sitebuilder has just cut text from my page in a random fashion, this is infuriating. Because of this long standing issue I would not recommend Sitebuilder, unfortunately I am stuck with it.